Dates and Times
- Service will be held from 10:30-11:30am
- No Sunday School hour
Indoor Services and Building Adjustments
- Main building doors stay open for the duration of the morning, facilitating air flow
- Hand sanitizer available at multiple locations
- All persons serving in a volunteer position each week will need to verify and sign off that they have not had Covid-19 symptoms (View screening checklist here)
- Speakers added to the hallway, outside main entrance, and in the outside garden entrance area
- Adjusted seating in the main Sanctuary to spread out rows
- Playground sanitized after each week
- Water fountains blocked off
- Greeters will wear masks and meet people outside/at the doors to help direct and welcome people
- New signage addressing limiting physical contact and specific fellowship area
- Pre-packaged communion units and other items such as monthly bulletins or children’s activity booklets will be distributed before the service by deacons wearing gloves
- We ask early arrivals to be seated by 10:25am to allow for those most vulnerable to make their way into the room with limited contact at 10:30am
- No offering taken (you can give online here, or use the drop boxes at the rear of the sanctuary)
- No coffee stations (feel free to bring your own)
- Cleaning after every Sunday of all hard surfaces, door handles, tables, etc.
Like many others, we’re taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventative measures we can take. We are reducing touch points around the building, and thoroughly cleaning/sanitizing hard surfaces between each group that using the building during the week. We will also have hand sanitizer throughout the building for your use, and sanitizing wipes/spray available where needed.
- Children’s Ministry is now being offered. We have two classes available:
- 4 years and under in the nursery wing, may be dropped off on arrival
- 5 years – 4th grade, meets outside or in a large room upstairs, will join parents for worship service and be dismissed after the Scripture reading (approx. 10:45)
- A stringent sick policy will be enforced – if any child appears feverish or registers a temperature over 100.4, has a runny/congested nose, cough, complains of sore throat/headache/muscle aches, we will ask you to please take your child home
- Children’s Church for the older kids will consist of a Bible story and brief discussion time, prepackaged snack and water bottle, and free play/game time
- Parents, please provide a sippy cup/bottle for your child in the “4 and under” class, as they may have trouble with water bottles
- We will provide activity booklets each week for those who choose to remain in the service, with sermon-specific activities and prepackaged crayons
- Volunteers and children are not required to wear masks (this decision will be left up to each family)
- We encourage you to talk with your kids about these changes and what to expect before coming to church, including that some adults will be wearing masks
Positive Test Response Plan
- We ask people to let us know if they test positive in the week after attending a service
- In the case of a positive test result from someone who attended a service, we will determine the best course of action based on the person’s exposure to the congregation on that particular Sunday.
- While maintaining confidentiality, that course of action might include, but is not limited to:
- Informing specific congregants of their possible exposure to COVID-19 while at church. Those specific people may be asked to stay at home the following Sunday.
- Informing the entire congregation of their possible exposure to COVID-19 while at church. If needed, we would close in-person services the following Sunday.
- Depending on the exposure, other mid-week gatherings may also be postponed.
- We ask anyone who is experiencing possible symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home and livestream the service (https://youtu.be/o6Z1mhqOY0o).
- We welcome your input at any time during this reopening phase
- We will continue with one service, limited Children’s Ministry as described above, and certain events (such as Theology for Breakfast) offered via Zoom through the end of 2020